Choosing the right Auto Glass Shop for your windshield replacement can be tricky. There are many factors to consider, but we at Glass Masters have you covered with our quality products and skilled technicians who know how to get the job done safely both quickly and correctly without overcharging!
We at Glass Masters provide quality workmanship that will exceed expectations every time. We only use Dow Xpress30 urethane as well as OE Quality and OEM Glass which will guarantee an even better than OE quality seal.
If you’ve been driving for very long, you probably know the sinking feeling that follows the loud crack of a rock bouncing off of your windshield.
When you finally inspect it, one question inevitably comes to mind: Can I get this repaired or do I need to replace the whole thing?
1. The chip measures more than the size of a quarter
2. The length of the crack exceeds three inches
3. The crack lies in the line of vision of the driver
4. There are multiple chips or cracks
5. A failed DIY Windshield Repair was executed
6. Damage goes through both layers of glass (Windshields are made of laminated glass which means that there are actually two layers of glass; each heat-compressed with a thin layer of plastic between them. This is why when something hits your windshield it doesn’t shatter.)
7. The windshield damage is too close to the edge of the windshield to be repaired
8. A Windshield repair was already made directly in the driver’s line of sight and leaves distortion. Repair cost is then applied toward the full replacement cost.
While a crack in the glass may not seem like a big deal, it’s essential you fix it immediately due to a variety of reasons including:
1. In many states, it’s illegal to drive a car with a cracked windshield.
2. The structural integrity of your vehicle relies on the windshield.
3. Your windshield protects you from flying debris in the event of an accident. If your windshield has a crack, it’s more likely to shatter or break.
4. It can impair your view while driving.
Windshield replacements involve the newest technologies in removal tools to minimize the strain on the installer and lower the risk for potential damage to the vehicle. The process involves:
– Disassembling the vehicle. Including wipers, cowl, rearview mirror, etc.
– Cutting the old windshield from the urethane that adheres it to the body of the vehicle
– Removing any excess urethane on the pinch weld
– Treat any rusty spots on the pinch weld
– Clean and prime the windshield opening and pinch weld
– Run a new bead of Dows Xpress30 urethane
– Set the new windshield in place and carefully align with the body of the vehicle
– Reassemble the vehicle
– Clean up including all broken glass
Glass Masters proudly serves the Augusta, Buffalo, Carver, Chaska, Chanhassen, Cokato, Cologne, Dassel, Delano, Eden Prairie, Edina, Excelsior, Glencoe, Green Isle, Hutchinson, Lester Prairie, Maple Plain, Mayer, Minnetonka, Minnetrista, Mound, New Germany, Norwood-Young America, Orono, Victoria, Waconia, Watertown, and Winsted communities.
We also proudly work with Allstate, American Family, Farmers, Geico, Nationwide, Progressive, State Farm, Travelers, Liberty Mutual, Safeco & USAA insurance companies to address glass claims and windshield repair/replacement services!