While in some cases that can be true, the cost of a repair varies depending on the make and model of the vehicle at hand. Realistically, quarter glass replacement can range from $100-$1,000, depending on the vehicle and the piece of glass broken.
The Quarter Glass, also known as a valence window, is the last window on the side of a vehicle. It is behind the doors and above the rear wheel. A quarter glass is never in the rear door.
1. Inspect the damage carefully
2. Remove any panels to access the remaining glass
3. Clean and vacuum any debris from the damaged glass from the vehicle
4. Cut away any old urethane
5. Clean the bonding area
6. Treat any rust & prime the bonding area
7. Set the new quarter glass
8. Clean the work area and the new piece of glass
9. Most installations take about an hour
10. The certified technician will inspect the installation of the new door glass and make sure it meets Glass Masters standards, which allows you to drive away quickly and safely.